The EOOS Steering Group was established in early 2016 to guide the development of EOOS.
The Steering Group (SG) is the top-level governance structure tasked to approve all decisions concerning EOOS strategy and implementation.
The EOOS SG meets on average twice a year, and it is advised by the other EOOS committees. The EOOS Steering Group’s key responsibilities are to:
- Guide EOOS governance
- Drive the EOOS implementation and track its performance
- Engage with key stakeholders to maintain support for EOOS
- Communicate EOOS to the wider community
- Approve EOOS pilot projects
- Ensure links between EOOS and relevant international initiatives (e.g. GOOS).
The mandate for Steering Group membership is four years, with members of the next SG selected by the existing SG. Members of the SG are also observers in all other EOOS committees.