The Conference will build upon the progress made at the EOOS Forum on 8 March 2018 and aims to refine and strengthen a broadly supported EOOS strategy and implementation plan, providing a wider perspective and forward look on the development of EOOS and next steps.
- Showcase current and planned ocean observing and monitoring capability by presenting insights from major ongoing activities;
- Connect and align diverse observing and monitoring communities and those that rely upon their outputs and services;
- Assess the economic case for sustained observation/monitoring in Europe;
- Identify gaps and requirements as well as cost effective solutions that will contribute to evolving an efficient, inclusive and effective end-to-end EOOS;
- Assess and endorse the EOOS strategy and implementation plan, identifying further concrete joint actions to advance the EOOS agenda.
- Launch of the EOOS Strategy 2018-2022 and Implementation Plan discussed at the EOOS Forum and finalized based on the stakeholders feedback during the period between the forum and the conference 2018;
- Consolidation of a high-level conference message “Evolving EOOS”, as a joint call to action from wide stakeholder groups to progress EOOS as a value-adding, inclusive, integrated, open, better coordinated and more sustained European observing capacity that is fully end-to-end.
This EOOS event is co-organised by the secretariats of the European Marine Observation and Data Network (EMODnet), European Marine Board (EMB) and European Global Ocean Observing System (EuroGOOS) with input from the EOOS steering group and EOOS events advisory committee and with financial support from the European Commission DG MARE.
Registration and further information on the event’s website